Broccoli Rabe originated in the Mediterranean so you will find it quite often used in pasta dishes along the Liguria Coast. The combination of the broccoli rabe and pecorino Romano is truly delightful! This is a quick and easy pasta dish that is both flavorful and healthy!
- 1/2 pound pasta shells
- 1/4 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano grated
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- 2 Remove and discard the large stems from the Broccoli Rabe, then chop the leaves, small stems and flowerets.
- 3 Add the pasta and broccoli rabe to the pasta water and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- 4 While pasta is boiling heat the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over low.
- 5 Strain the pasta and broccoli rabe then add to the olive oil.
- 6 Turn heat up to high and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7 Top with Pecorino Romano and serve.