Get your appetites ready! This Paul Bunyan Burger is huge, but can be cut in slices to share with a crowd.
This recipe courtesy of http://www.recipegoldmine.com and National Pork Board.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 530 calories; Protein 33 grams; Fat 23 grams; Sodium 610 milligrams; Cholesterol 95 milligrams; Saturated Fat 8 grams; Carbohydrates 44 grams.
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 round loaf (24-ounce) French or Italian bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill.
- 2 In large bowl mix together pork, garlic pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pat mixture into a round that measures about 11 inches--or one inch larger than your bread.
- 3 Carefully place giant burger over hot coals--place burger on a flat baking sheet for transferring to the grill--and grill for about 10 minutes per side. Turn the burger over by sliding in onto a baking sheet, using a second baking sheet to help push it on. Sandwich the burger between the two baking sheets, hold them together and invert the patty. Slide the big burger onto the grill, cooked side up.
- 4 When done, slide the burger onto the bottom of the loaf, top with top of loaf and cut into wedges to serve.