With this Peach and Cardamom Iced Earl Grey Tea, we wanted to showcase the ever popular peach iced tea, which pairs so well with the refreshing scent of cardamom that we just had to include it.
From there, the quintessential British blend Earl Grey seemed like a no-brainer. The whole thing together works particularly well! You may want to go easy on the syrup as traditionally this is pretty sweet.
This recipe is courtesy of the Chefs at Rattan Direct.
For the Syrup
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 7 oz sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Tea
- 4 Earl Grey teabags, or equivalent loose tea
- 6 cardamom pods, split with a knife to reveal inner seeds
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 Add the peach slices, sugar and water to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat once the sugar has dissolved. Mash the peaches, cover, and set aside to cool.
- 2 Brew the tea together with the cardamom pods for 5 minutes. Strain and chill.
- 3 Strain the syrup.
- 4 Pour the tea into a jug with plenty of ice and add about 1/3 of the syrup.
- 5 Pour into glasses and serve.