The “flower petal” appearance of this peachy dessert will delight your guests…then wait till they taste it!
Why Try? This remarkable fresh peach tart is so easy to put together. It’s rich and sweet but better for you than most desserts.
- 4 large peaches, peeled
- 9-inch refrigerated pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 4 tablespoons dark rum, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- 2 Unroll pie crust; press into petal tart pan. Pre bake pie crust for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- 3 Halve peaches and remove pits. Cut each half crosswise in 1/4-inch slices; keeping halves intact.
- 4 Arrange sliced peach halves in petal tart shell to look like a flower.
- 5 Melt and strain peach preserves, add 2 tablespoons dark rum. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 6 Pour glaze over peaches.
- 7 Whip whipping cream, sugar and dark rum until light and thick.
- 8 Serve each slice topped with a dollop of whipped cream.