Fresh sea bass ceviche is right on trend, as identified by The Food Channel’s 2012 predictions. Peruvian food is full of flavor, and this ceviche is cooked in the citrus juice, so tradtional cooking is not required.
- FOR THE SAUCE: 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ali amarillo paste
- 1/2 orange pepper, rough chopped
- FOR THE CEVICHE: 1 pound fresh sea bass
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Add all sauce ingredients into a food processor. Pulse several times.
- 2 Slice the sea bass into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3 Mix the sauce with the sea bass and let marinate 30 minutes.
- 4 Garnish with red onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- 5 Serve immediately.