This is a hassle-free entertaining recipe to celebrate the epic match-up between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Detroit Red Wings in the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
- 1 16-ounce package frozen Mrs. T's Pierogies
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Boil pierogies as package directs. Drain.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 3 Grease 10- or 12-inch pizza pan. Place 2 pierogies in the center of the pan and arrange remaining pierogies around center pierogies in a slightly overlapping circle. Press pierogies together to form a complete circle.
- 4 Spread pizza sauce on top of pierogies to cover and arrange pepperoni on top.
- 5 Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6 Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, and pierogies are heated thoroughly.
- 7 Cut into wedges to serve.