So many ways to serve these wonderful little meatballs with a surprise inside! Cooked in a simple and light Italian red sauce they are perfect for hoagies, with spaghetti or polenta!
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 750 grams tomato puree
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 8 ounces mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 Sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft and translucent.
- 2 Add oregano, salt, pepper, stock, wine and tomato puree.
- 3 Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4 Mix together beef, pork, oregano, egg, bread crumbs salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- 5 Take a small scoop of the meat mixture and place a mozzarella ball in the center.
- 6 Mold the meat around the cheese to seal.
- 7 Place the meatballs in the red sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.