If you like pralines you will like these praline cookies. You’ll see that it’s just topped with one teaspoon of the praline mixture.
Why Try? Pralines are a sweet southern favorite. These Praline Cookies take things to a whole new level. They make a wonderful holiday cookie, too.
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, broken into large pieces
- 2 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Spread pecans on a rimmed baking pan and toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 4 In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 5 In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low until combined.
- 6 Using a tablespoon, drop batter on a baking sheet.
- 7 Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Completely cool on wire racks.
- 8 For the praline topping
- 9 In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and cream, bring to a full boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add confectioners’ sugar, and whisk until smooth. Add pecan pieces, and stir until slightly thickened. (If mixture thickens, return to heat, and add cream 1 teaspoon at a time.) Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon praline topping on each cookie; set aside until firm.