Smothered in Irish ale cheese sauce, bacon, jalapenos, smashed avocado, zesty chive and sea salt-seasoned sour cream, these all-American Irish pub grub nachos are a fan favorite. Served atop crispy kettle chips, this flavorful appetizer will only leave you hungry for more!
To create an over-the-top St. Patrick’s Day experience that everyone will enjoy, try out our other St. Patrick’s Day recipes below!
To see our St. Patrick’s Day Fresh Irish Spring Rolls, click here!
For our St. Patrick’s Day Irish Cream Dip with Brownie Brittle, click here!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (or green onions)
- 1 tablespoon half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Irish ale (or stout)
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- As needed, kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce bag) kettle chips, with sea salt
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, 1/2 -inch, cooked crisp
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, smashed, seasoned with chili lime seasoning (such as Tajin)
- 1 cup fresh grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted green chili salsa
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Combine sour cream, chives, half & half and salt in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Reserve.
- 3 Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan; add flour and whisk over medium heat until roux is light golden brown. Add Irish stout, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce; whisk to blend Heat until sauce starts to thicken. Add shredded cheese and cream cheese. Continue whisking until melted and sauce is smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 4 Line a baking sheet with baking paper; arrange kettle chips in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle Irish cheddar sauce over chips; top with bacon.
- 5 Bake 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 6 Remove from oven; top with avocado, seasoned sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos and flat leaf parsley. Serve with a ramekin of green salsa.