This recipe makes two loaves. Share one loaf with someone you are thankful for.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 4 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- STREUSEL NUT TOPPING:1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 In large bowl, combine 4 cups Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, 1 1/4 cups sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir together eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk and oil. Gently stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3 Pour batter into two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans that have been coated with cooking spray.
- 4 In small bowl, stir together streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 5 Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- 6 Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 2 loaves.