Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for bringing us this perfectly adorable recipe! Nothing says Valentine’s Day better than a Raspberry Macaron Kiss! In this macaron recipe, you can fill these delicious shells with any filling of your choice– we recommend buttercream, jam or a chocolate ganache!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
To find more of The Recipe Show by Rattan Direct on The Food Channel, click here!
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s raspberry powder
- Lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon food coloring gel in rose
- 1 Draw 3cm circles spaced 2cm apart, fill 3 sheets.
- 2 Blitz the icing sugar and ground almonds together in a food processor.
- 3 Refine your flour by passing it through a sieve.
- 4 Mix the confectioners raspberry powder into the flour in a medium sized bowl.
- 5 Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl, and wipe the first bowl clean with a few drops of lemon juice.
- 6 Separate the whites from 2 eggs.
- 7 Pour your egg whites into the clean bowl.
- 8 Beat with an electric whisk until foamy.
- 9 Once the egg whites form soft peaks, gradually beat in the icing sugar.
- 10 Beat until the egg white and icing sugar mixture is stiff, shiny and sticky. Scrape the bowl.
- 11 Fold the gel food coloring into the egg white mixture.
- 12 Add half of the dry mixture, gently folding it in.
- 13 Add a drop more of food coloring gel.
- 14 Continue folding the mixture as it gets looser.
- 15 Once the mixture is ready, work quickly to fill a piping bag with the mixture.
- 16 Snip the tip of a piping bag to create a 1.5 cm hole.
- 17 Use your lower hand to steady the bag, and the top hand to squeeze out the mixture.
- 18 Keep the tip close to the paper and the bag upright.
- 19 Squeeze gently to form a rounded mold and quickly lift the tip when you have filled the premade circle.
- 20 Leave to set for 30 minutes.
- 21 Bake at 290 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- 22 Rotate the tray after 10 minutes.
- 23 The macaron shells should be crisp, yet fragile, not rubbery or soft.
- 24 Fill the shells with your filling of choice.