Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe. This mini version of the classic Red Velvet Cake is one of the more popular offerings in bakeries all across the country. Whip up a batch this holiday season or anytime of the year.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 272, Fat: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Sodium: 178 mg, Fiber: 1 g,
Protein: 3 g.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows in Additional Info section)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.