The accent of fresh cranberries makes this simple side dish extra special.
Why Try? This dish is simple to prepare, but it works wonderfully as side dish support for your holiday meal.
If you want to take the extra time to julienne the carrots yourself, have at it—especially if you have a food processor. But if you want to trim the work and lower the stress, prepackaged julienne-shredded carrots will do just fine.
- 5 - 10 ounce packages carrots, julienne-cut
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- 3 Place all of the ingredients in the baking dish and toss to mix.
- 4 Cover and bake until the carrots are tender, about 1 hour. Stir once or twice during baking.