Roasted Parmesan Tomatoes are an ideal side dish to accompany beef, chicken and fish. Super easy to prepare and taking only 15 minutes to bake you can have a fresh side dish any time of the year! But one of my favorite sandwiches uses Baked Parmesan Tomatoes as the main ingredient! Juicy and flavorful, this sandwich will please even your hungriest teenager!
- 4 tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette or 5 grain Italian bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons country French mustard
- 8 ounces mozzarella slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2 Mix together cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- 3 Spoon mixture onto tomato halves.
- 4 Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5 Cut bread into 4 segments and then slice in half lengthwise.
- 6 Mix together mayonnaise and mustard and spread onto bread.
- 7 Add mozzarella slices and lettuce to sandwich bottoms and top with tomatoes and black olives. Place the top bread slice on the tomatoes and press down lightly.
- 8 Serve with lots of napkins!