Don’t skip the opportunity to make your own homemade oatmeal bars; they have a chewy density that the commercial products may lack. A well-known partner to oats, the flavor of rhubarb combines beautifully with the oatmeal bar. In fact, it may be one of the greatest flavor combinations ever! Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this simple, healthy, and undeniably delicious snack recipe.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- For The Rhubarb:
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- For The Oatmeal Bar:
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup, or golden syrup
- Optional, vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2 Toss the rhubarb in sugar, place on baking tray, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3 Turn the oven up to 375F.
- 4 Butter an 8x8 brownie pan.
- 5 Melt the butter and syrup together.
- 6 Mix the oats with the brown sugar.
- 7 Mix both together and spread into the pan.
- 8 Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9 Cut the warm oatmeal bars into triangles and serve when cool with the rhubarb.
- 10 Optional, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche.