Roasting these carrots gives them a smoky sweetness without adding any sugar.
Why Try? Healthier than the traditional methods of adding brown sugar and butter, this recipe may turn carrots into your favorite vegetable.
- 1 pound large carrots, cut in angles
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Combine all ingredients and spread on a sheet tray.
- 3 Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.