This succulent herb-roasted chicken seasoned with lemon, garlic and fresh herbs will fill the entire house with a rich, comforting aroma as it slowly roasts in the oven. Allow the chicken to rest prior to carving to ensure that all the succulent juices remain in the meat and not on your cutting board.
Why Try? Fresh herbs, lemon and garlic take plain roasted chicken to a new flavor destination.
- 1 (3 to 4 lb.) whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and olive oil in bowl; mix to paste-like consistency; rub evenly over chicken.
- 3 Stuff lemon halves, rosemary sprigs and thyme sprigs inside the cavity. Tie legs together with kitchen twine (optional); arrange chicken in oiled roasting pan.
- 4 Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 160°F and juices run clear.