The total comfort food. Smoky bacon, the crunch of green cabbage, and tender noodles make this dish completely “craveable.” Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day…or any day.
Why Try? Amazing served immediately, but just as good reheated the next day.
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 10 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 Cook egg noodles in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, set aside.
- 2 Sauté bacon in a skillet and set aside.
- 3 In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, add the onion and sauté until tender. Add cabbage and sauté until warmed through.
- 4 Now add the bacon and noodles, tossing to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.