A delicious Mediterranean egg dish that will satisfy your appetite with an exotic blend of spices in a rich sauce enveloped by fried eggs, called Shakshuka!
Savor the flavor and satisfy your appetite.
- 2 tablespoon of Gaea Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 small or 2 large shallots minced
- 1 medium orange or red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 large can or carton (26.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon of ENTUBE Harissa
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 eggs
- Cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1 Heat frying pan on medium-high for 30 seconds then add minced shallots to frying pan. Sauté and stir on medium-high, then lower to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Add minced garlic to pan for about a minute on medium-low and stir.
- 2 Add chopped orange or red pepper into the pan for 3-4 minutes at medium-high and lower heat as it starts to sizzle.
- 3 Add tomatoes, bay leaf, Harissa, paprika, cumin, sea salt, and ground pepper to the pan. Continue to stir as the sauce simmers until it reduces in volume for about 8-10 minutes.
- 4 Remove bay leaf. Make a well (hole) in the sauce to create a space for each egg. Crack an egg into each well. Cover pan and cook for additional 4-5 minutes on medium or medium-low until you get the desired egg consistency you like.
- 5 Turn off burner, then sprinkle with cilantro or Italian parsley leaves.
- 6 Optional: Add a small handful of arugula over Shakshuka.
- 7 Serve immediately.