This delicious mix of fresh vegetables can be found at the Silver Dollar City theme park in Branson, Missouri, where you can take classes at the Culinary & Craft Center.
Recipe Courtesy of Silver Dollar City’s Culinary & Craft School.
This recipe can also be made using olive oil for a healthier version.
See related stories and recipes:
Branson Theme Park Opens Culinary Center
Culinary Classes Meet You Where You Are
Midwest Living Senior Food Editor Tastes it All
An Interview with the Designer
The Culinary Class Experience
- 1 pound lightly breaded okra
- 8 ounce frozen whole kernel corn (Fresh corn is certainly an option in this recipe)
- 8 ounce yellow summer squash
- 8 ounce diced/chunked chicken (pre-cooked)
- 4 ounce green peppers
- 4 ounce of onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter flavored Vegetable Oil, as needed
- 1 Saute onions and peppers with butter flavored vegetable oil. Remove from the skillet. Saute chicken in the same skillet with oil. Remove after heating thoroughly. Saute corn and squash in the same skillet with oil. Remove.
- 2 Fry okra in skillet until golden brown. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. When okra is done begin adding all the ingredients back into the skillet until reheated to desired temperature.