Made famous at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore, our modern version of this classic tiki cocktail features dry gin, cherry brandy, Cointreau and a dash of orange Angostura bitters. It’s shaken until icy cold with pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, and pomegranate grenadine, topped with a splash of fizzy refreshing club soda or seltzer water.
See our story on the top ten beverage trends of 2011.
Copyright 2011. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use in a printed cookbook or commercial website, please contact Editor.
- 1 ounce London dry gin
- 1/2 ounce cherry brandy
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau® Orange Liqueur
- 1/4 ounce pomegranate grenadine
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura® Orange Bitters
- Ice, as needed
- 1 ounce club soda
- 1 fresh cherry
- 1 fresh thin sliced lime wheel
- 1 Combine gin, cherry brandy, Cointreau, pineapple juice, lime juice, and Angostura bitters in a shaker; fill with ice and shake until the shaker is frosted.
- 2 Strain into a tall glass (Sling or Collins glass) filled with ice, if desired.
- 3 Top with a splash of club soda.
- 4 Garnish with a fresh cherry and think sliced lime wheel.