A simple Christmas cookie made with candy canes, graham crackers, red licorice and other candies. Featured in The Food Channel original children’s story, The Night Before Christmas Cookie.
Why Try? This is a wonderful recipe you can make with small children, and requires no baking.
- 2 red string licorice sticks
- 1 graham cracker
- 2 candy canes
- 20 pieces of small candies (such as jelly beans, little hard candies, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons white icing
- Toy dog figurine (try to fit to size of sleigh) [optional]
- 1 Ice the length of the two candy canes and place a large graham cracker on both to make sleigh bottom and let dry to harden.
- 2 Add icing to sides of sleigh and let than harden.
- 3 Place icing on sleigh and pile candy assortment on top of sleigh. You can make a pile at the end of the sleigh or all over the sleigh.
- 4 Tie licorice to look like ropes from sleigh onto toy dog.
- 5 Add cotton candy snow around sleigh for display.