This is an elegant and simple fish dish.
Why Try? A truly fast food, this uncomplicated fish entrée can be served with easy and quick sides like buttered new potatoes and peas.
- 6 sole fillets
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 Season fillets with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 2 In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté fillets in 2 tablespoons butter until the fish is lightly browned.
- 3 Remove fillet and place in a warmed serving dish.
- 4 Return the same skillet to heat. Add the remaining butter and cook until the sizzling begins to lessen and stir in the sliced almonds and remaining lemon juice. When the almonds start to take on color, pour golden butter sauce with almonds over the fish and serve immediately.