Enjoy the sweet taste of the South with these heavenly homemade pralines.
Why Try? Makes a perfect gift for the holidays because the recipient will know you put some time and care into making them! The taste is melt-in-your-mouth wonderful. Be sure to use a heavy bottom pan, and a candy thermometer to make these.
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Combine brown sugar, white sugar and half and half in a heavy 2 quart saucepan and bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until mixture reaches 227 degrees or soft ball stage on the candy thermometer.
- 2 Add pecans and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 3 Remove saucepan from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- 4 Using a tablespoon, spoon rounded balls of warm praline mixture onto a sheet of wax paper leaving about 3 inches between each ball (this will allow them to spread). Let cool.