Sweet Potato Salad with a Southwestern kick! Straight from Louisiana, this recipe features Louisiana yams, with freshly chopped veggies and sensational spices. Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks beautiful and the vibrant orange color of sweet potatoes lets you know that they are rich in Vitamin A and have powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 6 cups peeled sweet potato (Louisiana yams) chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeño slices
- 1 Preheat oven 425°F.
- 2 Line baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 On prepared pan, toss together sweet potatoes, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4 Roast about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp. Cool.
- 5 In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro.
- 6 In a blender, puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeño and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Toss with mixture.