Here’s another simple way to enjoy the delights of this super food: blueberries! This recipe is loaded with good things in addition to the berries. Cinnamon, cloves, sherry…it’s all good.
Why Try? Why not add some healthy antioxidants to an indulgent dessert with this scrumptious topping?
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen dry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon tied in a bag with 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (only if needed)
- 1 Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2 Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, remove the spice in the bag.
- 3 Thicken, only if necessary, with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water.