These handsome deviled eggs add bright color and flavor to your Easter buffet.
Why try: This spin on a classic will delight your guests. Deviled eggs are also a perfect dish to bring to a pot luck.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced plus additional for garnish
- 1 Place eggs in medium pot and cover with cold water. Cover the pot with a top and bring water to a boil.
- 2 Turn off fire and leave eggs covered for 13 minutes. The eggs will continue to cook in the hot water.
- 3 Remove boiled eggs from the pot and immerse in cold water.
- 4 Remove shell from egg. Cut egg in half length wise.
- 5 Place yolk into a mixing bowl. Use fork or back of a spoon to make yolks smooth.
- 6 Add mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce and butter to yolks. Mix until smooth.
- 7 Fold sun-dried tomatoes and chives into egg mixture.
- 8 Fill a zip top bag with the egg mixture. Cut the tip from the bottom of the bag and push egg mixture toward the hole. Fill the empty egg whites with the egg mixture.
- 9 Garnish with chives and sun dried tomatoes.