This fresh and delightful dip makes any chip taste better. Adds excellent flavor and a touch of class to snack time.
Why Try? A freshly-made dip wins out over store-bought every time, and this tasty concoction is quick and simple to prepare.
To give the dip a lemony touch, substitute 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest for the red pepper sauce and allow dip to rest in refrigeration a few hours (or overnight) before bringing to room temperature and serving. This variation pairs particularly well with vegetables, especially asparagus. Substitute 12 chopped basil leaves for the scallions for a classic combination of tomato and basil. This is a fresh dip that’s easy to make.
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 Puree tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor until fairly smooth. Add scallions, reserving 1 tablespoon sliced green part for garnish. Pulse a few more times until combined.
- 2 Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with reserved scallion. Serve a room temperature.