At holiday time, brunch is a great alternative to a dinner or cocktail party for entertaining. This festive strata features dried cherries and almonds and is served with a scrumptious butter sauce.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups milk
- 7 cups challah, French or Italian bread cubes
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix eggs, sugar and extract in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in milk until well blended. Add bread cubes and cherries; toss to coat well. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- 2 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve strata with Almond Butter Sauce.
- 3 ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE:Bring 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and 1/2 cup heavy cream to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract.