The tropical flavors of mango and ginger paired with the Latin heat of jalapenos and tequila turn shrimp into a sweet and glossy appetizer or main dish.
Why Try? A beautiful addition to any party menu, this lively and easy recipe will soon be your favorite way to grill shrimp.
- 36 jumbo shrimp
- 2 ripe mangoes, each sliced into 12 pieces
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- oil for grilling
- 1 Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2 To make the glaze, combine minced jalapeño, tequila, lime juice, brown sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Set over heat and cook until boiling and slightly thickened.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Pour mixture into glaze while stirring. Bring back up to a boil and take off heat. Divide into two bowls then set aside.
- 4 On each skewer, put three shrimp and two mango slices, alternating.
- 5 Brush hot grill with oil so prevent shrimp from sticking.
- 6 Season shrimp and mango with salt and brush with glaze. Grill on both sides until shrimp are pink and fully cooked. Brush again with remaining glaze and serve.