A moist cake doesn’t even begin to describe the luxurious creaminess of this dessert that’s intensified by adding fresh bananas and coconut milk.
Why Try? Using a boxed cake mix as a base, there are ultimately few ingredients and steps to a dessert that’s multifaceted.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium)
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- toasted coconut for garnish
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of a 13x9-inch pan.
- 2 In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and bananas on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and raise speed to medium for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 3 Bake for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 4 With a long-tined fork, pierce the top of cake every 1/2 inch. In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, and 1 cup heavy cream. Pour over cake evenly.
- 5 Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight, covered.
- 6 Whip remaining cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar on high until think. Cut cake into 12 pieces, top with a dollop of whipped cream and toasted coconut. Serve.