Maple is the flavor of the season! More specifically, Vanilla Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake.
With the family Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe in mind, and Maple Guild Maple Syrup in hand, a little tweaking created this mouthwatering creation. Topped with a Maple Praline Glaze, the flavors of the cheesecake and glaze complement each other perfectly.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
For the Filling
- 3 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Guild Vanilla Bean Infused Maple Syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
For the Praline Glaze
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Maple Guild Vanilla Bean Infused Maple Syrup
- 1 Combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ spring form pan. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2 In large bowl beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining filling ingredients on low-speed until combined. Pour into crust.
- 3 Cover the bottom and sides of the pan with 2 layers of foil. Place the pan onto a cookie sheet. Place into 350* oven and fill the cookie sheet with warm water. This makes a water bath.
- 4 Bake at 350* for 77-85 minutes until the center is set. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Slowly run a knife around the edges of the pan and remove the sides. Chill overnight.
- 5 In small pan combined cream, sugar , and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Boil on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into glass measuring cup and let chill completely. Add chopped pecans before service.
- 6 Pour glaze all over the top of cheesecake. Slice and serve!