Refreshing, elegant, vibrant and, most important, simple.
The combination of sweet watermelon, juicy heirloom tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, bright herbs and salty feta is perfection! Enjoy the fruits, and vegetables, of summer with this Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad!
- 1/2 medium watermelon, cubed
- 1 large or 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sheep's milk feta cheese
- Small handful fresh basil, ripped by hand
- Small handful fresh mint, ripped by hand
- Juice from one lime
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, generously
- 1 Slice the tomatoes and place them on a platter. Sprinkle with salt.
- 2 Add the cubed watermelon, cucumbers, red onion, fresh herbs and crumbled feta. Sprinkle generously with salt.
- 3 Add the herbs, drizzle with olive oil and fresh lime juice. Serve cool (although it’s even delicious after sitting for half an hour in the fridge).