The Watkins Glen Speedway Pierogi Burger is new on the menu at “The Glen.” This classic Northeastern-inspired burger adds the comforting flavors of savory pan-fried potato-and-cheese filled pierogis and grilled onions to an all-American burger.
We added our own “secret sauce” accented with a splash of steak sauce and fresh-cut shredded lettuce. Feel free to make this burger your own with your unique condiment choices.
To see how it’s done, watch the video here!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef, 80/20
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 potato-cheese pierogis, frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced fajita-style
- 4 hamburger buns, butter toasted
- 1/2 cup secret sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Pan-grill sliced onions in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat until lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Reserve.
- 2 Shape ground beef into 4 6-ounce patties. Season with Montreal steak seasoning. Pan-grill burgers over medium-low heat until fully cooked. Top cooked burgers with cheese and melt.
- 3 While burgers are cooking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet, add pierogis and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and fully heated.
- 4 To assemble burgers: Spread 1 tablespoon secret sauce on bottom half of each bun. Top each with ½ cup shredded lettuce, 1 cheeseburger, 2 sauteed pierogis, ¼ cup grilled onions and 1 tablespoon secret sauce. Close with top half of bun.