It’s National Grilled Cheese Day! It’s your mama’s grilled cheese sandwich with a trendy new twist! This comfort food classic redo features the contemporary flavor appeal of white Cheddar cheese and rich roasted red peppers. It’s a quick-to-fix grilled cheese sandwich recipe overflowing with flavor.
Why Try? Your family will love this familiar-with-a-twist flavor upgrade on the all-time lunchtime classic. It makes a great lunch or light dinner paired with steaming-hot Tomato Parmesan Soup.
- 8 ounces medium white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, drained, fine diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices country white bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 Combine shredded cheese, roasted peppers and mayonnaise in bowl; mix well.
- 2 Spread cheese mixture evenly over 4 slices of bread; close with top halves of sandwiches.
- 3 Spread butter evenly over outsides of sandwiches; grill on both sides until golden and cheese is melted.