This recipe for Rum Cake is from the Whitey Robertson, the father of one of our Food Channel hosts, Joy Robertson. She advises being generous with the Rum in the Rum Sauce, saying, “He uses a splash or three more Rum than the recipe calls for!” No matter what, it’s delicious, and perfect for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Rum
- Rum Sauce:
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 generous cup of Rum
- 1 Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2 Generously grease a large Bundt cake pan and sprinkle chopped nuts on the bottom.
- 3 In a large bowl blend together cake mix, eggs, oil and Rum.
- 4 Beat for six minutes (be exact).
- 5 Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6 10 minutes before cake is done, prep the Rum Sauce.
- 7 In saucepan bring to boil margarine or butter, sugar, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup Rum.
- 8 Boil slowly for 2 minutes.
- 9 Poke holes in cake with ice pick, going all the way to the bottom.
- 10 Pour sauce over cake and enjoy!