This casserole features UNCLE BEN’SÂ® wild rice and chicken as the main ingredients. It could be prepared in advance and cooked as needed.
This recipe courtesy of Uncle Ben’s.
Tip: May use heavy cream for a richer creamier texture, or lowfat/skim milk to reduce the fat.
- 1 box UNCLE BEN'S® Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds chopped
- 1 1/3 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup pimentos diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper to taste
- 1 Cook the rice with its seasonings packet according to package directions.
- 2 While rice is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over low heat until tender.
- 3 Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Continue cooking and stirring constantly, until broth thickened.
- 4 Stir in chicken, pimiento, parsley, almonds and cooked rice.
- 5 Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes.