If you haven’t had pumpkin soup, you are missing a delightful dining experience. This savory soup is ideal for one of those first crisp days of autumn.
If you want to use shrimp (prawns) in the soup, slice the desired quantity in half and place in boiling soup for approximately two minutes.
Drop a dollop of sour cream into soup for a creamier texture and flavor and top with garlic croutons. For a tasty and crispy crouton, cut Turkish bread into thin slices and brush with oil and garlic and place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Recipe courtesy of Avanti Café and Pasta, in Brisbane, Australia. Updated on September 20, 2022.
- 1/2 medium sized Japanese or Butternut pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 2 medium potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- Chicken stock
- Dash of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cut potato, pumpkin and onion into small pieces, place in a pot and cover with water or stock.
- 2 Boil ingredients for approximately 25 minutes or until very soft.
- 3 Blend with hand mixer or immersion blender until smooth consistency.
- 4 Add cream, garlic, pepper and salt to taste and mix into soup.
- 5 Serve with optional dollop of sour cream and garlic croutons.