This macho dip requires a thick, sturdy chip! It is bursting with big bold flavors of smoky-sweet bacon, crumbled bits of tangy blue cheese and toasted walnuts. Serve it up warm with crunchy kettle-cooked potato chips.
Why Try? Crave-able, hot and hearty dip recipe takes “chips & dip” to the goal line with the ultimate snack flavor combination.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup (4-oz.) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, stirring often. Remove and drain.
- 3 Add garlic to skillet and sauté over low heat for 1 minute.
- 4 Combine cream cheese and heavy cream in food processor bowl or mixer and blend until smooth.
- 5 Stir in bacon, garlic, crumbled cheese and green onions to the cream cheese mixture.
- 6 Portion dip in medium baking dish; bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted walnuts.
- 7 Serve warm with kettle cooked potato chips.