A ginger and sesame infused marinade brings an over-the-top flavor to hot-off-the-grill tuna steaks and sliced vegetables.
Why Try? With only one recipe and a grill, you can make an entire meal with little clean up and tons of flavor. Tuna steaks and fresh vegetables make this dish very low in carbohydrates and fat, yet satisfying and impressive.
- 4 tuna steaks, 8 ounces each
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 baby zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 2 yellow squash, sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, sliced horizontally into 1/2-inch thick steaks
- 1 Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, oyster sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, scallions, garlic, and ginger. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the mixture over tuna and let marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour. Save remaining marinade.
- 2 Preheat grill on medium high heat.
- 3 Brush zucchini, squash, and onions with remaining marinade and grill vegetables and tuna steaks. Grill tuna for 2 minutes on both sides and grill vegetables until charred and tender. Serve immediately.