These impressive half-pound steak burgers, loaded with big bold indulgent flavor, are topped with crisp peppered bacon, melting bleu cheese and golden caramelized onions.
Why Try? Over-the-top burgers at home!
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 red onion, halved, 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 1 pound premium ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning blend
- 2 artisan-style sandwich rolls, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices peppered bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/2 cup fresh salad greens (arugula, baby spinach)
- 1 Heat butter in skillet; add red onions and sauté over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often. Add red wine and sugar; sauté an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until moisture has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 2 Shape ground beef into two 8-ounce patties, season with Montreal steak seasoning and cook over medium heat to desired doneness. Top each burger with 2 tablespoons bleu cheese.
- 3 Spread mayonnaise evenly on bottom halves of toasted sandwich rolls, top with bleu cheese steak burgers, bacon, onions and arugula. Close with top halves of buns.