Everything you love about bagels, lox and cream cheese served as stylish appetizer bites for entertaining.
We seasoned cream cheese with capers and minced red onion, then paired it with ribbons of thin-cut cucumber, smoked salmon and bite-size pieces of “everything” bagels—threaded on mini bamboo skewers for this delicious addition to our Hallmark’s A Heavenly Christmas-inspired holiday buffet.
For the full list of recipes in this A Heavenly Christmas-inspired buffet series, click here and find the links at the end of that story.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, thin sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 (3-ounce package) thinly sliced lox (smoked salmon), cut into 12 pieces
- 2 "everything" bagels, cut into 12 bite-size pieces
- 12 (4-inch) bamboo picks
- 1 Combine cream cheese, sour cream, capers, red onion and black pepper in bowl and mix to blend.
- 2 To assemble each: portion 1 tablespoon cream cheese spread in a rolled 4-inch cucumber ribbon. Thread on a bamboo pick with 1 piece of smoked salmon and 1 bagel piece. Repeat with remaining appetizer bites.
- 3 If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.