This caramelized brown sugar and apricot glazed ham is studded with whole cloves and will fill your kitchen with a wonderfully rich and spicy aroma.
Why Try? Feel good about serving your family an apricot glazed bone-in ham that’s fresh-from-the-oven and hand-carved instead of purchasing an expensive fully cooked, spiral-cut ham this season.
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) uncooked, smoked, bone-in ham
- 8 1/2 ounces apricot jam
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Whole cloves
- 1 Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2 Line sheet pan with foil. Place ham on foil fat side up. Wrap well with a second piece of foil and bake 3 hours. Remove from oven.
- 3 To prepare glaze, combine apricot jam, mustard, brown sugar, orange zest and orange juice; whisk to blend.
- 4 Unwrap ham and, with a large sharp knife, trim away rind and all but 1/4-inch of fat. Score fat in diamond pattern, about 3/4-inches apart. Stud ham with whole cloves in decorative pattern.
- 5 Spoon glaze over ham and bake, uncovered, an additional hour; basting every 15 minutes.
- 6 Let rest on cutting board until ready to carve.