How about an alternative to potato salad or chips at your next summer picnic? We love these baked sweet potato chips, and they are so easy to make, you won’t need a picnic to inspire you!
See other recipes in our picnic series, too!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Scrub sweet potatoes, removing any blemishes or strings.
- 3 Using a sharp knife, thinly slice potatoes into chip-size pieces (note: if potato is thick, cut slices until it gets unwieldy, then cut it in half and continue slicing a smaller portion).
- 4 Place potatoes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 5 Drizzle with olive oil.
- 6 Sprinkle with sea salt to taste (be careful not to oversalt--these don't need a lot).
- 7 Bake for about 20 minutes, then turn potatoes with a spatula and continue to bake another 20 minutes or until nicely crisp.
- 8 These do not need to be served hot to be delicious!