Inspired by the festive Christmas party scene at the end of the Hallmark movie A Heavenly Christmas, this holiday appetizer is elegant addition to any holiday party.
For the full list of recipes in this A Heavenly Christmas-inspired buffet series, click here and find the links at the end of that story.
- 1 (about 1 ¼ lb.) sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 small orange bell pepper, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 small yellow onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 Trim sirloin steak; cut into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to large zip-lock bag.
- 2 Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic in small bowl and whisk to blend; pour over steak cubes, seal bag and marinate 4 to 24 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 4 Drain steak cubes. Thread 2 steak cubes, 1 bell pepper piece and 1 onion on each bamboo skewer. Season steak with salt and black pepper; arrange skewers on a baking sheet.
- 5 Bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven and top with crumbled cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- 6 Serve hot.