Indulgent homemade ice cream infused with the bold flavor of fresh sage and chunky-sweet blackberries.
Why Try? Tap into your adventurous side with this delicious fresh herb and berry-infused ice cream-delightfully refreshing on a warm summer day.
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 8 ounces blackberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring sage, cream and milk to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes. Remove sage and discard.
- 2 Prepare an ice water bath.
- 3 In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar. Slowly pour in some of the hot cream to temper the eggs.
- 4 Pour the eggs into the cream and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon and steam rises from the top.
- 5 Whisk the corn syrup and cream cheese and then whisk this mixture into the cream mixture until smooth.
- 6 Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and chill over an ice water bath.
- 7 Freeze in an ice cream machine 30 minutes or according to ice cream machine directions.
- 8 Scoop ice cream out of the machine and fold in blackberries.
- 9 Spoon back into freezer-proof container and keep frozen until ready to use.