Celebrate Fat Tuesday with the classic New Orleans breakfast of hot French doughnuts.
Why Try? Why not add a little Mardi Gras to your morning–even if you’re many miles from Bourbon Street.
- 2 cups Beignet mix, prepared
- 7 ounces water
- Powdered sugar
- 1 In a bowl mix 2 cups of Beignet mix and 7 ounces water. Stir with spoon until well blended.
- 2 Roll to 1/8-inch thickness on floured surface, using flour liberally on dough. Cut dough into 2 1/4-inch squares. Makes about 2 dozen.
- 3 Fry in an inch or two of oil at 370°F basting continually on each side until puffy and light golden. Drain well. (Oil should be hot enough for dough to pop to surface in 8-10 seconds.) An electric skillet will work best.
- 4 While hot, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.