Weekend brunch solved with this recipe for delicious Breakfast Hash with Chorizo, Eggs and Cotija Cheese.
This craveable one-dish breakfast bowl is loaded with the bold hearty flavor combination of crispy hash-browned potatoes, spicy chorizo, fried eggs, crumbled Mexican cheese, smashed avocado and sriracha.
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled, cooked firm, chilled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- as needed salt and black pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) beef or pork chorizo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, smashed, seasoned with chili lime seasoning
- 1/2 cup green chili salsa
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Sriracha or cayenne pepper sauce, as needed
- 1 Dice cooked, chilled potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Add oil to a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onions; cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and crisp, turning occasionally. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 2 While potatoes are cooking, cook chorizo in a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until fully cooked. Drain chorizo; add to cooked hash browned potatoes.
- 3 Heat butter until foamy in a large skillet; add eggs and cook over low heat to desired doneness.
- 4 To prepare each serving: portion 1/4 of chorizo hash into a bowl; top with 1 fried egg, 1/4 smashed avocado, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons Cotija cheese and hot sauce.