Chocolate cupcakes topped with dark chocolate buttercream frosting and golden buttery-sweet caramel corn drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce – these festive fun-to-eat cupcakes will turn any occasion into a party!
Why Try? Something new for the cupcake crowd—this recipe transforms ordinary chocolate cupcakes into something special, topped with caramel-covered popcorn, chocolate fudge sauce and gooey caramel.
- 12 chocolate cupcakes, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16 oz.) can dark chocolate buttercream frosting, prepared
- 3 cups caramel popcorn
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge dessert topping
- 1/4 cup caramel dessert topping
- 1 Frost cooled cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
- 2 Prepare Dark Chocolate Caramel Corn recipe according to directions through step 7, eliminating dark chocolate coating.
- 3 Top each frosted cupcake with 1/4 cup caramel corn.
- 4 Drizzle 1 teaspoon each chocolate fudge sauce and caramel sauce over popcorn.