Indulgent toppings like Cincinnati chili, Cheddar cheese and onions make these ballpark favorites hard to resist. Have forks handy for when the dogs become too messy to handle.
Why Try? If you’ve never had Cincinnati chili, you’d be depriving yourself not to try this one. Unlike most chili’s, it takes only 15 minutes to cook, so you won’t have to wait long to sample these yummy hot dogs.
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 6-inch hoagie buns from bakery section of grocery
- 2 cups finely shredded mild Cheddar
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 Brown ground beef in a large skillet with yellow onion. When meat is almost cooked, add garlic and continue to sauté.
- 2 Add next 12 ingredients to skillet, mix well, and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 3 Preheat grill to medium heat and grill hot dogs until cooked through.
- 4 On sliced hoagie buns, place one hot dog inside, and then load up with hot chili, cheese and chopped onions. Serve.